Applying Automation to Plastic Injection Molding and Assembly Reduces Cost
In today's economy, companies are looking to reduce cost while adding value and quality to their products. API's expertise in adding robotics and automation to plastic injection molding helps to reduce cost as well as shorten lead times in the supply chain.
Autronic Plastics, Inc. helps our customers achieve and surpass their budget goals by providing a high level of automation into injection molding processes. This allows for API to offer be competitive as compared to other injection molders, both on-shore and off-shore. API adds custom or off-the-shelf robotics to remove parts and runners, transport components, and to perform secondary operations. API's automation helps eliminate human errors, reduce waste, reduce cycle times, and improve overall speed to market.
Advantages to API Automation
- Reduced cost due to decreased cycle times and decreased labor cost
- Increased level of quality and consistency and reduction in waste and variation
- Increased speed to market due to reduction in cycle time and lead time
Autronic Plastics, Inc. can support multiple levels of automation, depending upon the customer needs and requirements.
Examples of automation applied at API
- Resin material handling and feeding
- Part, runner, or sprue picking and separating
- Overmold automation (transfer of parts for second shot)
- Part loading and insertion of metal components (insert molding)
- Part placement or positioning, sorting, or stacking for secondary operations
- Custom or off-the-shelf robotics added to complete on-line and off-line assembly
Contact Autronic Plastics today to see how automation and robotics can help bring your product to market more efficiently!